Friday, June 8, 2012

Summer Favorites

I love, love, love summer and its here! Ah... my summer list of "summer favorites". Swimming with my kids at the water park or the closest public pool, getting a rockn' tan....yeah it doesn't usually happen, but I try. I love the smell of BBQ in the air...mmm hot dogs, hamburgers, kabobs and a favorite around here is smoked pulled pork with all the southern sides coleslaw, baked beans and peach cobbler....I'm hungry. Camping at the lake, roasted marsh mellows, but you have to have the striped Keebler elf  cookies to go with it. The smell of fresh cut grass from the lawn mower....that smell has always reminded me of warm summer weather. Summer nights and watching all the kids in the neighborhood play until dark. Watching movies on the lawn....want to make that one happen this year. Getting together with family and friends. Going to St.George to visit grandma and see a show at Tuacahn.When it gets super hot in the middle of the summer going to see a movie is awesome. Visiting the Hawaiian snow shack....or any shack that provides cold snow in a ball with red tigers blood all over it.
Yep, these are a few of my summer favorites.
What are yours?
Happy Weekend!


        

No comments: