Thursday, January 27, 2011

A day on the SlOpEs


"And now, this is the sweetest and most glorious day that ever my eyes did see."
We couldn't ask for a more beautiful day. Spending the day in the sun at Sundance doesn't make the snow and cold seem so bad.

Okay, so we've been up here a few times now and it's been a little challenging teaching my little guy how to ski, especially since I have never taught anyone how to ski before. Unsure of what I was doing we just went with it and I strapped the good o'l whola hoop around my trainee and away we went snow plowing our way down the mountain. Skiings a love hate relationship, it has it's good moments and it's bad, but when we showed up today it was a whole new story. The third times a charm, this little guy of mine surprised me, he just got into pizza plow position and away he went even challenging me to a race on the way down. I guess it's true when they say just keep at it and you'll get it. Very Cool! What a great day!


1 comment:

Kelly Pia said...

Oh how I wish we lived closer so you could teach my little guy too! I LOVE the posts. Fun to read!